2 Timothy 3:15-17
“And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
I just thought you might want something to think about! The Bible is the most unique book ever written. Here are a few really interesting facts:
- The Bible consists of 66 books
- The Bible was written by 40 authors, who were inspired by God.
- It took those authors over 2000 years to write the Bible.
- The Bible contains three types of literature: history, poetry and prophecy.
- The Bible is divided into two main sections: The Old Testament and the New Testament.
- The Bible obviously covers a lot about God and about us. But, there is one supreme subject that binds it all together – Jesus Christ and the salvation God offers through Him. He is the center of the Old Testament as well as the New Testament.
“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.”
And then there’s this, after Jesus was risen from the dead that first Easter morning:
” ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”
Wow! Jesus shows up to personally lead these two believers in a Bible Study. Jesus began with the writing of Moses and all the Prophets. He explained to them what was said in all scriptures concerning Himself.
Jesus invites all of us to experience Him, through His presence by His Holy Spirit and through His Words, the Bible.
“If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive…”
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Jesus can be as real and as present with each of us wherever we are, as He was with those believers on the Road to Emmaus. He invites us to fellowship with Him. I believe most of us have the time now! We just need the desire!
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.“